Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Comfort Zone

I have noticed that I get comfortable with a pace. There is nothing wrong with this and I know that but lately I have been pushed out if my comfort zone with my running. 

My husband says I drive like I run. I tend to speed up, slow down, speed up and especially with music. However, I don't usually get away from my comfortable pace. I get lost in it and what's around me and I forget what I'm doing. 

Then recently I have started to leave my little happy place and have stepped into a new level. My pace is normally so consistent that I could tell you how far I went just by how long I was running for. So this last week when I hit a new PR on a 5k run with my double jogging stroller, I was stoked!! I had taken almost 5 minutes off my average 5k pace and that was with these 2 kids!! 

It's the little accomplishments that make me keep pushing and doing what I am doing. Sometimes all you need to do is push yourself and other times you may need a push from those around you. If I had been out running by myself I can almost guarantee that my pace would not have improved. It has been finding other runners and moms and friends to push me when I didnt think I could push myself any further.  

Every day has become a new adventure with running. Some days I can't wait to get out the door and other days it's Quinn and Peighton who are ready to go running, with as Quinn calls them "her people".  Peighton has even gotten to a point of no napping if we are not out on a run during her nap time. 

Running has helped me start to settle in as a stay at home, domesticated engineer. The last few months have been amazing and I am so excited to see what the future holds for me! This summer is going to be awesome. 

At the end of my runs during the week, we always end on the track so Quinn can go for "her run". Yesterday Peighton joined us on the track. My little baby is walking and it's so awesome to be able to share my journey with my two little ones. Q & P making my running journey what it is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment