Saturday, May 10, 2014

Should I??

In a few short weeks I will start training for my first ever Full 26.2 Miles Marathon. I still can't believe that I will be running a Marathon. I get overwhelmed just thinking about this adventure I am about to start!!! The problem is I am already wanting to sign up for another Marathon that is almost exactly a month after my first one. Is this crazy? Should I do it? What will the hubby say? Yes I have not even told Barry yet that I want to run this. (Chances are he may read this and find out about my current predicament!)

I'll start from the beginning of when I decided to sign up to run a full marathon. I was online looking through the evens of the Rock n' Roll Series, and there was Portugal listed. The pictures were AMAZING!!! I knew I wanted to run one and I wanted to make sure if I was going to be somewhere that would be awesome for a first timer! Also wanted to make sure it was somewhere we wanted to visit before we left the UK this next year. So this is why I picked Portugal. I had heard about another Marathon around the same time, but since we had already been to this location I decided to go with Portugal. Well now I am kinda wishing I picked the other one! But we have already bought plane tickets and made arrangements. So this is where I come to my current predicament!! I want to run ATHENS!!!!

You may wonder why the change of heart. Well, when I first started running I just started running to run. Now I have been running to learn. I love to research and learn about the beginnings of things. This is what I have started to do with running. And what have I learned?? The Original Marathon was in Greece.  If we were here another year overseas it would not be that big of an issue, but since we will be moving before the next event this is my last chance while here.

I never knew something like running a marathon would weight so heavy one me. This is a chance in a life time (Runners high speaking here) and I don't know if I would forgive myself for not running it. The main reason in the beginning like I said was I had already travelled to Greece and since I wanted my whole family there for my first Marathon I choose Portugal.

Now I have to find a way to convince my husband to let me go back to Athens and run the Original Marathon!  How many people can say they have done this??! This is a chance if a life time??! I may never get to be this close to Athens again!!! This is going to take some work! These are the days you wish you had family close to come over and stay with the kids so you both could go. (Mom, that's a hint if you want to come over to England for a week in November this year.)




No comments:

Post a Comment