Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Next Run...

Let me tell you what! Stairs were my worst enemy on Monday after running the Half Marathon..well them and the having to go pee. Who knew having to go pee would almost make you cry when you had to sit down! The best part about Monday for me is it is OFF Day. Sometimes this makes me sad because I have come to really look forward to my daily runs. At the same time though I like to let my body rest and I know that it needs it. It also makes Monday an easy day after the crazy weekend! So Monday I did absolutely nothing and spent the day with the girls. I was still debating if I was going to go to the group run on Tuesday.

Tuesday morning I was still rather sore but figured it would be good to go run. Boy was I right. I felt so much better after stretching my muscles out! It was a nice slow 3.5 mile run with the jogger and it felt good. I have also come to a point where I really look forward to Tuesday and Thursday runs because it is something on the calendar. I have been getting into a routine and it involved hardly leaving the house. Especially since the weather is so moody you never know what might happen.

To make the day even better I finally received a reply for a volunteer opportunity that I have been looking into. I am working on my reply now and will post more about it when I know more! I am really looking forward to this! Since I  have become a stay at home mom I sometimes feel like I don't have enough to do. I get into the routine of the same thing everyday and have been trying to find a way to do something more but still be able to involve my girls. Can't wait to tell more when I know more!!!

Then today I went ahead and went for another run. I was having the normal morning dialog in my head while looking outside and debating if it was worth lugging out that heavy stroller and getting the girls ready. I am glad I did! I had a good short run, still can't believe I am considering 2 miles a short run now when less then year ago the thought of that was crazy to me to do for fun. It's days like to day that I am thankful that I am finding new friends and learning more and growing everyday with my love for baking. It was also Waffle Wednesday so I needed to get a good run in before I stuffed my face with a waffle!



No comments:

Post a Comment