Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Mornings....

Over the past 3 months, Sunday mornings have become "Me Time". I love running with Quinn and Peighton during the week but when it is time for that long run I am ready to just let go and run! No stroller, no kids, no worrying about do the  girls have enough snacks, does Quinn have to pee or is she going to drop the iPad from the stroller. It's also a good time to reflect on the week of running and hard work with the stroller. 

After finishing up my first half marathon on Sunday, on the drive home, I told my husband "it's over, all the training and all the running and it's over". It was then that I realized the hard part wasn't running the half marathon, it was the training. The running 4 days a week when I had never ran as part of a routine. The losing all my excuses and getting out there when it was cold and raining. Loading the girls in the stroller when they were being pains in the butt. The half marthon was the easy part!! I just went and did what I had been training for. 

Now I have running fever!! I feel like I want to go out and run a half marathon every weekend!! I loved how I felt when I finished that run!! I have shown myself I can do more then I ever thought I could. I used to say I'm not a runner. Now I am happy to say I am a Runner! It has become a part of who I am and I love it!! Happy Sunday (Runday) everyone!! Then to make my morning even better there on the counter when I got back was a Mother's Day card from my hubby and the girls. (It's Mother's Day here in the UK) Couldn't ask for anything more!


No comments:

Post a Comment